Final public release: 6.66
Useful Admin Commands
- If you edited the gamemode version, consider yourself broken if a MySQL update was released.
- See Updates log for latest changes. Updates may require other addons to be updated also.
- Upload the update / start your server.
Important Info Before Set-up:
- The gamemode now works in 'singleplayer' 2 player mode+. If you are here for this, you can completely ignore this guide.
- It is designed to be hosted by dedicated SRCDS. You can find a guide here.
- Have a MySQL Database, and be able to connect to it locally OR externally from your server. The gamemode does work with SQLite, however MySQL is recommended for servers!
- Add +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 -tickrate 33 to your command line, ( NOT SERVER.CFG ) otherwise server crashes or instability may occur on larger maps!
- Add +gamemode “dayz” to your commandline so that the gamemode is selected during startup.
Default Setup [Custom Map Setups]:
GMod DayZ comes with a few default maps which have all of the spawns, loot and vehicles set up prior as an example; gm_boreas, rp_pripyat, rp_stalker_thatgmodzserver, zs_headattackcity_v1_linux
If you are using the workshop version, it does not come with these due to upload limitations, however you can download them from our Resources page.
- Install the Gamemode.
- Set up your MySQL Database:
- Add the Required Addons to your Server's Workshop Collection, or use that collection. +host_workshop_collection 1600890432
- Start your server! Et voilà!
Manually Subscribing to the Required Addons is also a bonus, and may save time, however is not required. Have fun!
If you have any issues, consider reading the FAQ.
You can customize the gamemode to your liking by editing data/dayz/config.txt or (as an admin) dz_configmenu in your console.
(This config.txt file is only generated once the server has been started up at least once.)